MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb user rank color not showing in index and threads ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my forum has threads shown in the index page like this,

[Image: 80c6b4afa494bef25f5d46f8626dd946.png]

But I want them to shown like this, the color of the username. Inside the thread postbit the color of the username shows as it is set, but on the index page of the forum it doesn't show up with the destined color. How to fix?

[Image: 68b6bc701a0df80fdca75fcfb784c3c0.png]
add style to every usergroup like this :

Go to AdminCP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Edit an Usergroup

then change "Username Style"
From this
{username}
To this
<span style="your_style">{username}</span>
or to this
<span id="some_id">{username}</span>
then add style to global.css of your theme like this
#some_id{
your_style
}
Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.
(2022-11-25, 07:25 PM)expertful Wrote: [ -> ]So my forum has threads shown in the index page like this,

But I want them to shown like this, the color of the username. Inside the thread postbit the color of the username shows as it is set, but on the index page of the forum it doesn't show up with the destined color. How to fix?

You must customize your usergroups for first to add your styles and then at that point you must use a plugin that will add that feature in your forums, like Last Poster Avatar (If you wish to add avatars and styles or just Style Usernames if you like to only add html customizations and done !
(2022-11-25, 08:39 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]add style to every usergroup like this :

Go to AdminCP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Edit an Usergroup

then change "Username Style"
From this
{username}
To this
<span style="your_style">{username}</span>
or to this
<span id="some_id">{username}</span>
then add style to global.css of your theme like this
#some_id{
your_style
}

I have already added username style to admin cp, users and groups, will try to add the settings to global cas and see.

(2022-11-25, 09:30 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-25, 07:25 PM)expertful Wrote: [ -> ]So my forum has threads shown in the index page like this,

You must customize your usergroups for first to add your styles and then at that point you must use a plugin that will add that feature in your forums, like Last Poster Avatar (If you wish to add avatars and styles or just Style Usernames if you like to only add html customizations and done !

What plugin, if you could link me?

(2022-11-26, 01:10 PM)Mahfuz Wrote: [ -> ]Use this plugin instead https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=74

Cheers. Would try this plugin, and report if it solves my issue or not!
So, I've installed this plugin, it works for the thread, but doesn't show up on the sidebar. Anyway to make all usernames show as set instead of using any plugin. Like by default as done on other mybb forums?
(2022-12-14, 01:40 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=128

I use this one personally.

Okay I will try this mod.

(2022-12-14, 01:40 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=128

I use this one personally.

Okay this worked great. Now how do I add this [Style Usernames (MyBB 1.8)] to Recent Threads plugin?

Plugin I want this to work with : Recent Threads (20.0) Created by Mark Janssen
Unfortunately I do not know, you may need to speak with the plugin author about using styled names in their recent threads plugin.

The plugin I linked simply alters core MyBB aspects and plugins usually don't alter other plugins.

Alternatively you can use a similar plugin like this one that already styles usernames.