MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Visiting from a mobile phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for, so creating a new thread.  Does anything in mybb code look to see if a visitor is on their mobile phone?  I looked at my forum from my phone, and it's cut off down the middle. Not sure where to look to find the problem.
Any suggestions?
Can we have the URL to take a look?
I don't want to share it publicly. I just wanted to know if there was something in the mybb code that checked for a mobile phone, but going on some of the other posts, I'm thinking that's a no.
Not by default, no, and the default theme is not responsive. It may be that it's just not scaling it for mobile properly, I see sites do that sometimes.

See if adding this to the headerinclude template helps:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
I can't find a headerinclude template. Is that somewhere other than the header templates?

The problem is obviously related to the theme I'm using, since I just realized the whole forum is aligned with the new login header that is included.  He made it responsive but didn't do a good job with the main page.  It's Emerald, which apparently has a lot of glitches in the free version.  I need to figure out a way to make that login header wider (or adjustable).

ETA I just realized it does the same thing if I shrink the browser down as narrow as I can. Looks exactly the same, so it's not just on my phone.  Here is a screenshot. [attachment=45608]
It's in the Ungrouped template group at the bottom.
OK, thanks. I've never looked down there. Didn't make a difference, but I think it does try to shrink it down but for some reason it shrinks it too much for my phone. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

ETA I tried another responsive theme, and it started doing the same thing when I added the shoutbox and prostats, so it's a plugin issue.