MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a separate board or discussion forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully set up MyBB and created a discussion forum.
I wish to set up another discussion forum on a separate subject with no connection to the one I have successfully set up.
This should not share members or the database.
I thought it was just a matter of clicking on 'new forum', but this seems to want me to add this as a subforum to the first one, which I do not want. I want this to stand on its own.
How do I do this?
Do I have to install another version of MyBB into another directory on my server?
To be clear, I want a separate bulletin board.

Best wishes, Adam McLean
If you insist, use the same domain as beforeĀ  , you better install new mybb in new directory not subdomain, because Search engines Like Google considered subdomain as a new domain and the score of that domain is not considered for the new forum .

But in terms of functionality, it is better to have a separate domain so that you can better manage users and content.
Yes, you would need to create an entirely separate installation in a new database.
You also could use the same database with another db prefix on installation. But if you are doing a db backup on ACP tools you have to select the db tables of current forum!
Thanks I have decided to create the other forum on a separate server. This will avoid any problems.