MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with the installation. It all seemed to go okay on Windows. I set the file permissions for the files.

After setting up the information for the server database, etc. I ended up adding myself as administrator.

I did not get to the screen I was expecting to be able to set up the board.

When I go to login I get the error

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I then try to register but I get the error

You need to enter a valid email address.

[though this is my valid email address]

I then tried to reinstall the board through /install/index.php  and get the error

The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

I reset the files permissions in the install directory to 777 but there was no change.

How do I proceed?

[attachment=45604]

Thanks,  Adam McLean
I installed the board software ok.

Now I am set up as the only user, as Administrator, but I do not seem to be recognised as such and cannot implement any of the configuration options. When I do try one of the configuration options, I get a request for my username and password but nothing happens. I do not get beyond the password box .

Hope it is easy to solve, 

Adam McLean
Quote:I then tried to reinstall the board through /install/index.php  and get the error

The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

I reset the files permissions in the install directory to 777 but there was no change.

How do I proceed?

find lock in install folder and delete
[Image: lock.jpg]

Install
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/
I've merged your threads as they seem to be the same issue.

Can we have the URL to the board? It sounds like there is an issue with cookies.
edit ..............
It's a fresh install with a default theme so it won't be outdated templates, it is almost certainly cookies considering there is an issue with logging in too.
(2022-11-30, 11:39 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I've merged your threads as they seem to be the same issue.

Can we have the URL to the board? It sounds like there is an issue with cookies.

https://rare-tarot.com/tarot%20collectors/

Last week I successfully set up a board on a different server, and it works fine.
I managed to navigate all the setup items.

I did the same on the second board but it just won't work.

What could I have done wrong?

Exasperated,

Adam McLean
Well, not sure the space (%20) in the url is the best idea of the year. You'd better rename the directory tarot-collectors or tarotcollector, but don't use a char which will be url-encoded
Yes, it is the space causing the issue, better to use a hyphen as Crazycat has suggested. It can't currently set cookies as the cookie path is invalid with a space.
Thanks so much to all who gave such helpful suggestions.
It turned out it was the space %20 in the board title.
It seems to be all working now.

An easy fix if you know what to do.

Best wishes,

Adam McLean
Pages: 1 2