MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need assistance to install a plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guy's, i want to try the mybb plugin to get drag and drop image from imgur but i am not sure about how to create an imgur api, i ask the author but he doesn't seem to be around anymore so is there a link on how to create this imgur api?

I have already create an account on imgur.

Regards Peter
You would need to register an application here: https://api.imgur.com/#registerapp
(2022-11-30, 08:53 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You would need to register an application here: https://api.imgur.com/#registerapp

Thank Matt will have a look at this tonight.

Regards Peter

Trying to register but not sure if i should check with call back url or without? And where do i have to insert the cliend ID and client secret?

Regards Peter
You don't need callback url, otherwhise I had notified that in the procedure.
And have a look to the previews if you didn't install the plugin, there is a field in the configuration to add the client ID. The client secret is not used.

If the plugin page is not clear enough, just tell it and I'll do a "pour les nuls" version.

Short answer to "i ask the author but he doesn't seem to be around anymore" : you didn't ask anything in https://community.mybb.com/thread-166859...pid1381578, you said you cannot register because you don't have phone. What am I supposed to answer to that ?
(2022-11-30, 10:49 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need callback url, otherwhise I had notified that in the procedure.
And have a look to the previews if you didn't install the plugin, there is a field in the configuration to add the client ID. The client secret is not used.

If the plugin page is not clear enough, just tell it and I'll do a "pour les nuls" version.

Short answer to "i ask the author but he doesn't seem to be around anymore" : you didn't ask anything in https://community.mybb.com/thread-166859...pid1381578, you said you cannot register because you don't have phone. What am I supposed to answer to that ?

Well good to see you are still around but for someone not used to the plugin architecture your plugin installation documentation could t least mention how to complete the fields in the imgur api since we have no idea what to write in there.

I finally got a friend phone number and i also mention in your thread about how to install that api but i thought you were not around anymore.

So in short i just need the client ID that i will have to paste when i install your plugin? And if i understand your reply correctly i just need to chose Anonymous usage without authorization right?
Since i have another forum in another language can i use the same client ID or do i need to register another api?

Regards Peter

OK i have just finish installing and i have use the Anonymous usage without authorization on imgur api and everything is working fine.
So no need to reply to my last post.

Regards Peter

Everything working except in signature, i have install the plugin as the instructions mention and i have put yes in the plugin setting to have it in signature but it doesn't work, when i drag an image the imgur rectangle area doesn't turn red like in post or quick reply and if i click on it i don't get the pop up to get a file!
Is this a bug or is it related to the theme i use?
Probably a bug, as the plugin is quite old and didn't follow the MyBB evolutions.
I can reproduce the trouble, so I'll fix it soon.
(2022-12-01, 07:39 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Probably a bug, as the plugin is quite old and didn't follow the MyBB evolutions.
I can reproduce the trouble, so I'll fix it soon.

OK thank for the reply i will deactivate the signature option in acp and will keep an eye on your plugin download page. Really amazing plugin you did there and very easy to use for computer illiterate!

Regards Peter
Try using the last version (posted a few minutes ago, 2.9.1), deactivate the plugin and reactivate it.
(2022-12-01, 09:06 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the last version (posted a few minutes ago, 2.9.1), deactivate the plugin and reactivate it.

Wow that was fast, thank a lot CrazyCat i didn't expect it to be that quick, your the man! Will install tomorrow since it's bed time for me.

Regards Peter

Just install and it work but there is 2 imgur boxe with the one on top working and the bottom one is the non working one. I have deactivate and reactivate the plugin so should i go for uninstall and re install to fix this?

Here a picture :

[Image: qooSMfA.jpg]

OK there is definitively something that is left in a template somewhere since after trying uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times i now have 4 imgur rectangle!

Seee pic here :

[Image: TIEYH5c.jpg]

OK i found the template that was keeping the imgur button even after uninstalling, it's the usercp_editsig template and here how it look after 4 uninstall :

{$smilieinserter}{$imgur_button}{$imgur_button}{$imgur_button}{$imgur_button}</td>

So i replace it with this code and it got rid of the extra button and it seem to be working OK :

{$smilieinserter}{$imgur_button}</td>

Well i think i will have to give up since now it's not working anymore on the English and even on the French forum and i don't have a single clue why since it was working yesterday. I even register another imgur api client number and still no luck unfortunately!

Regards Peter