MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with visits count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a few weeks I have been having problems with the visit counter, since when creating a topic it begins to receive huge amounts of visits. After 48 hours, the topic may have around 800 guest views, which is not normal. It's configured so that spiders don't count as visits so I don't know what could happen. After a few days the thing stabilizes and it begins to count the visits in a normal way, that is, for example, in the first 48 hours it has 800 visits and the following days 50.

What can happen?
Most likely just spammers crawling the site. A guest will only be excluded if it has a specific user agent that is recognised as a crawler.
(2022-12-01, 05:03 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely just spammers crawling the site. A guest will only be excluded if it has a specific user agent that is recognised as a crawler.
I tried to add: Ipatrol - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1262,  but it didn't solve the problem at all.
Is there any solution to identify "crawling spammers"?

Is there a way to make mybb's message count one per ip? I mean, every time the topic is seen, it counts as a visit even if it is from the same IP. Any way to change that?
You'd need a plugin, and even then if the IPs are changing it won't make much difference. The only thing you can really do is disable counting views for guests visits as well which is a separate setting, you're always going to have spammy guest traffic and there's not a lot you can do about it.
(2022-12-02, 11:42 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need a plugin, and even then if the IPs are changing it won't make much difference. The only thing you can really do is disable counting views for guests visits as well which is a separate setting, you're always going to have spammy guest traffic and there's not a lot you can do about it.
Ok, thanks for the answer