MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Access to the root ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys sorry if this is in a wrong section, let me explain, im an Admin of a forum and have access to the Admin CP i can adjust setting and so on, my main issue is when i try install plugins i click downlaod plugins download the zip file for my pc, but how do i had them into the forum it self so i can active them for users to make use of it? do i need to gain access to the root folder of mybb? bare in mind im not the creator of the forum i would like some clarification as how to do please if anyone can share some tips would be very appreciated
You would need access to the file system via the hosting control panel where the forum is hosted.
(2022-12-01, 07:08 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You would need access to the file system via the hosting control panel where the forum is hosted.

Thanks Matt appreciated Smile
Get your FTP connection and login credentials. Then you can use any FTP client software to access your web space and handle files like a file browser.

[ETS]
If your host has cPanel you can use their built-in File Manager, easy and fast Smile