MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot post long thread - shows error Please enter a message shorter than 65535 chara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to post a thread on mybb forum of mine. 

The problem is, I have a code I need to post on a thread, and after I write / copy paste the code into the code column, and try to post the thread - this error pops up everytime. I tried to edit the thread from phpmyadmin and write the code inside the mysql quarry but even there the error shows up as Data too long. 

The error shown when I try to post the thread:

The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 104526).

Please, any fix for this issue/?

Please anyone help me. I cannot understand how a silly mistake like this could happen.

Fixed it :-

MySQL users need to change message field type manually from TEXT (65535) to MEDIUMTEXT (16777215) or LONGTEXT (4294967295) to obtain enhanced limit.

PhPmyAdmin > Database1 > Query > Paste the code and hit Submit Query (and you're done).

ALTER TABLE `mybb_posts` MODIFY COLUMN `message` LONGTEXT

[Image: 98943cb2e5b0847a949a393f1df758d9.png]
It's a limitation of the mysql text field type - 64k. 

What is the code?  I know base64 strings from pasted images could fill it up, not sure if fixed last upgrade.

Edit:  Seems you found it. Wink