MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum slow to load after updating to Version 1.8.32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run a small MyBB forum (total database size of 151MB) which has been working perfectly for the last few years. I have updated the forum each time a new version has come out without any problem 

However, recently I upgraded to version 1.8.32 and myself and visitors to my site are finding that it is taking each page on the forum just over 10 seconds to load.

This is what shows at the bottom of the index page:

Generated in 10.064 seconds (99.84% PHP / 0.16% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 16 / Server Load: 33.61 / Memory Usage: 6 MB

I have checked with my hosting company and the have confirmed that the domain and the SQL server the forum is on is working perfectly. This is borne out by the fact that the rest of my web site and other forums on that domain are working perfectly.

Has any one had the same problem or know how I can fix it?

Thanks

Mike
A server load of 33.61 will be the cause, and definitely doesn't suggest optimal operation. What hosting do you use, is it shared hosting or a VPS?
99.84% PHP seems awfully high.
My index page is 16%. Threadlist is 44%. Various different showthread is never above 57%.
What page did your stats come from?
[edit] nevermind. I read your post again. Index.
It suggests very slow processing due to the server load. If this is shared hosting then the server is likely being oversold, and if it's a VPS then something else is wrong with it.
(2022-12-13, 06:44 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]A server load of 33.61 will be the cause, and definitely doesn't suggest optimal operation. What hosting do you use, is it shared hosting or a VPS?

I'm not sure (I'm not very technically minded I'm afraid). Its with ionos.co.uk

(2022-12-14, 02:25 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It suggests very slow processing due to the server load. If this is shared hosting then the server is likely being oversold, and if it's a VPS then something else is wrong with it.

So its not anything to do with the code then and more than likely the server?
Oh, yeah you'll be on some massively oversold shared server then. If the load is that high it is likely it is significantly over capacity.

I have 3 general rules for hosting:

1. Don't host with a company where their primary business is domains
  2. Don't how with a company with an animal in the name
  3. Pay at least $5/£5 a month absolute minimum

I don't think Ionos are a great company to host with as they primarily sell domains, they then sell you hosting for the domain you just bought, but it's a loss leader to get you to then upgrade to more expensive hosting.
Many thanks. I'll look around for somwhere else to host it then.