MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems during update from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Today i tried to upgrade the PHP version from 7.4 to 8.0

After upgrading a few problems appeared in the top of the forum:

In index.php:

[Image: phpfout1.jpg]
And in global.php:

[Image: phpfout2.jpg]

Any idea how I can solve this problems in index.php and global.php?
The errors are from templates. For example index.php line 139 renders the index_whosonline_memberbit template, global.php line 961 renders the header template. These errors are due to an outdated theme (for example, $comma is no longer in the core version of index_whosonline_memberbit, but your template still has it), you will need to view updated templates and view diff reports on them to see what changes have been made compared to core, or get the theme author to update the theme.
Thanks a lot Matt, I will try to understand wat you're saying and try to solve the problem...
In the meantime, you should be able to hide these errors from forum pages: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237222...pid1382071
(2022-12-22, 04:52 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, you should be able to hide these errors from forum pages: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237222...pid1382071

Thanks Devilshakerz, i didn't know this option to hide these PHP-errors on the indexpage of the forum. I'ts working allright; in the meantime I have more time trying to solve all the errors and trying to fix them in some of the affected plugins as well.
(2022-12-22, 06:13 PM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-22, 04:52 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, you should be able to hide these errors from forum pages: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237222...pid1382071

Thanks Devilshakerz, i didn't know this option to hide these PHP-errors on the indexpage of the forum. I'ts working allright; in the meantime I have more time trying to solve all the errors and trying to fix them in some of the affected plugins as well.

The way I fixed it for my old theme was to open the default index templates and my current one, side by side. Then I just corrected the outdated calls.
I noticed a new problem during migration from PHP7.4 to PHP 8.0:

The 'Service and Optimization Option' under 'Configuration' -> 'Settings'-> 'Board Settings' gives a blanc empty page using PHP 8.0 and 8.1.
In PHP 7.4 the link works and the page is visible and useable.

Any tips?
Check your server error log and see if anything is logged there, I'm not able to reproduce any issues with that settings page in particular.
I checked once again in PHP 8.0 and noticed it's impossible to enter the whole admin CP (so not only the earlier mentioned page) . Only a white/empty page appears if i want to go to /admin/index.php.
The UserCP works fine, the ModCP also, but clicking on the AdminCP button results in a blanc page.

Back in PHP 7.4 everything is OK, that's at the moment the only way to get in the ACP. But PHP 7.4 will be deleted soon......
The /error-log is empty.......

Note: The /admin/error.log shows (last 200 lines):
<error>
	<dateline>1381559815</dateline>
	<script>admin/modules/style/templates.php</script>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
	<message>require_once(/home/deb20686/domains/wageral.nl/public_html/oriste/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Renderer/Inline.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381665565</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
	<message>require_once(/home/deb20686/domains/wageral.nl/public_html/oriste/inc/3rdparty/diff/Diff/Renderer/Inline.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381665578</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381665610</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381665751</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381665763</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381686630</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1381692863</dateline>
	<line>1255</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1393081573</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
	<friendly_type>MyBB SQL Error</friendly_type>
	<message>SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'pm.fromuid' in 'where clause'
Query: 
			SELECT pm.*, fu.username AS from_username, tu.username as to_username, fu.usergroup as from_usergroup, fu.displaygroup as from_displaygroup, tu.usergroup as to_usergroup, tu.displaygroup as to_displaygroup
			FROM mybb_privatemessages pm
			LEFT JOIN mybb_users fu ON (fu.uid=pm.fromid)
			LEFT JOIN mybb_users tu ON (tu.uid=pm.toid)
			WHERE 1=1  AND pm.folder = '1'AND pm.fromuid='129'
			ORDER BY pm.dateline DESC
			LIMIT 0, 20
		</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1393081612</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
Query: 
			SELECT pm.*, fu.username AS from_username, tu.username as to_username, fu.usergroup as from_usergroup, fu.displaygroup as from_displaygroup, tu.usergroup as to_usergroup, tu.displaygroup as to_displaygroup
			WHERE 1=1  AND pm.folder = '1'AND pm.fromuid='13'
			LIMIT 0, 20
		</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1393082734</dateline>
	<script></script>
	<line>0</line>
	<type>20</type>
Query: 
			WHERE 1=1  AND pm.folder = '1'AND pm.fromuid='1808'
			LIMIT 0, 20
		</message>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1412759052</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1412759097</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1412759639</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1414160337</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1414160353</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1414160387</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1414161136</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>

<error>
	<dateline>1414161202</dateline>
	<line>1533</line>
	<type>2</type>
</error>
Could somebody help me trying to solve this problem?
Those seem to be the first 200 as they’re many years old, see what’s at the end of the file. Or, just delete the error.log file and reload the ACP and it’ll generate a fresh file.
Pages: 1 2 3