MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deleting posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When members can delete their posts, they can also delete their original post which takes out the entire thread.
I seem to remember that post deletes can be done, but that post #1 cannot. Certainly there is a warning when a mod deletes post #1.
Is there a setting to prevent taking the thread out, while preserving the member post delete ability?
Most times, members delete duplicate posts that occur when they back out of post creation rather than moving forward.
(2022-12-29, 02:53 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]When members can delete their posts, they can also delete their original post which takes out the entire thread.
I seem to remember that post deletes can be done, but that post #1 cannot. Certainly there is a warning when a mod deletes post #1.
Is there a setting to prevent taking the thread out, while preserving the member post delete ability?
Most times, members delete duplicate posts that occur when they back out of post creation rather than moving forward.

You have the option to let your users delete their own posts and/or their own threads. Just don't click the box for threads (see attached photo). [attachment=45658]
Thanks for that. I have been distracted by holiday visitors and knew it was in there somewhere.

AdminCP / Users and Groups / select a group / Forums and Posts tab
Yes, sorry for not posting where you needed to go to set that. Smile