MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, apologies if this is the wrong place, but I'm struggling to fix a new issue on my forum. I upgraded from MyBB 1.8.31 to 1.8.32 in November and have had no issues since, but at some point today the forum just disappeared. My websites on my webhost are all there and working fine, but for some reason the forum URL just brings up a white page (so do any other links e.g. the forum admin page, specific URLs to posts/threads in my history).

I've tried doing a clean re-install of MyBB several times and then importing a backup of the database, but same result. If I do the clean re-install, the forum works fine, but it is of course a blank new forum without any posts or users or anything. Once I import my old database, there's nothing but a blank white page where my forum was. I'm able to open up the /install page and do a clean reinstall. I've also tried doing an upgrade, installing 1.8.31 and running the upgrade, etc. but have not found a solution yet. Quite possible there's something very dumb or obvious I'm overlooking.

The backup I am using is from November, long before this issue came up (today, Dec. 29th). I'm not really sure what could have possibly just randomly broken everything as I didn't make any changes and I'm the only admin.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical side of things sadly, but if there is some more information I can provide (perhaps some place to look where some error codes might be outputted or something?) please let me know and I will try to do so. Thank you to anyone who can help or has ideas!
if you can see admin cp.
GO to Server and Optimization Options then change Error Type MediumĀ  to Warnings and Errors and save .
and fix errors that you see.
I cannot see the admin cp either unfortunately, just a blank page there.
change settings with below query
UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = 'both' WHERE name = 'errortypemedium'; 
change table prefix if is not "mybb_"
note : if you can not find and fix problem , I can fix it non-free, in signature you can see my services and Ways of communication .
Ran the query in PHPMyAdmin, it said 0 rows were affected.
I suggest to contact host support team
(2022-12-30, 08:49 AM)vestborgr Wrote: [ -> ]Ran the query in PHPMyAdmin, it said 0 rows were affected.

this mean setting record not exist in your table,make sure you did restore database backup correctly
Please never re-install your forum: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html - if your backup was from November, you've just lost all the data created since.

The white page is likely due to a PHP upgrade your host has performed without telling you, and if you're on the latest version of MyBB it's likely a plugin causing it.

Instead of updating the database, edit inc/settings.php and set the following value for the "errortypemedium" row:

$settings['errortypemedium'] = "both";

This should output errors on the page and log them to an error log.

If the page is still blank, make this change too:

$settings['no_plugins'] = "1";

This will stop plugins being loaded.

See if you can load the page then.
(2022-12-30, 01:31 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Please never re-install your forum: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html - if your backup was from November, you've just lost all the data created since.

The white page is likely due to a PHP upgrade your host has performed without telling you, and if you're on the latest version of MyBB it's likely a plugin causing it.

Instead of updating the database, edit inc/settings.php and set the following value for the "errortypemedium" row:

$settings['errortypemedium'] = "both";

This should output errors on the page and log them to an error log.

If the page is still blank, make this change too:

$settings['no_plugins'] = "1";

This will stop plugins being loaded.

See if you can load the page then.

Whoops, my bad, but thank you good to know for the future. So the MyBB backup I did via the Admin control panel was from November, but I made a backup of all the files and also the database via my webhost yesterday before I did any of this, so hopefully nothing is lost there. The errortypemedium was already on looks like, but I tried stopping the plugins and it worked! Forum loads and everything is there albeit without the plugins.

I do see quite a lot of errors at the top of the front page and any other pages now. I tried closing the forum in the ACP and now the page is white again everywhere as well. Haven't contacted webhost support yet but I can give that a go. Here's the errors on the main page:

[Image: zEeL0J3.png]
Okay, good to know you have a backup from yesterday at least.

That error seems to be a side-effect of the plugins being disabled, but at least we know a plugin is the issue if changing that setting fixed it.

The reason setting the board offline made the page go white again is because the no_plugins setting has reverted back - editing settings.php is only a temporary workaround, when you saved the other setting the file got regenerated with the values from the database, so it's expected that that's happened.

Now that we've established it's a plugin that's the issue though, what I'd suggest you do is to download everything from inc/plugins to your computer, then delete all the plugin files in there from the server. After that, if you upload them from your computer again one by one and then try the forum each time, you'll be able to see which one is breaking it.
Pages: 1 2