MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notification link "Awaiting Moderation: 1 unread report" doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upgraded to 1.8.33 from 1.8.32 last week when it went up. I didn't notice this problem until today, but I run a small community and we don't do much moderation. Usually when someone reports a post, it's as a joke. So I'm not sure when this problem actually started.

At the top of the board, there is a clickable notification "Awaiting Moderation: 1 unread report."

When I click on it, it goes to mysite.com/modcp.php?action=reports but the link is dead. It goes to a "This page isn't working" in Chrome.

If I go instead to mysite.com/modcp.php I can see the Mod CP. There are 0 posts or threads awaiting moderation. If I click on the Report Center, I get the same dead page.

Found this thread from years ago talking about a similar bug: https://community.mybb.com/thread-158746...99580.html
In that case it was due to a soft delete.

One of my users recently tested out some kind of "soft delete" functionality in Tapatalk. The post wasn't actually deleted as a result. It was still visible to everyone. I tried permanently deleting that post to see if the notification would go away, but that didn't work.

As a test, I reported a post. The notification at the top changed to "Awaiting Moderation: 2 unread reports." with the number of unread reports increasing from 1 to 2. But clicking that notification still doesn't work.

Help please!

Update for people in the future that find this through a Google search:

I disabled a Google Analytics plugin (link below) and everything worked correctly. I found an updated version of the plugin, and everything's working fine now.

Here's the plugin I was running: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...2&bid=5076

I originally had 2.0.1 installed, which broke the link. Deactivating it or upgrading to version 2.1 fixed the problem.

Oh and I'm running PHP 8.1.

Consider this one solved!