MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank page after installation at /install/index.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Completed installation wiith out issues but when trying to access http:/hostname/install/index.php I just get a blank srcreen

I am at a loss

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin [email protected]
    DocumentRoot /var/www/mybb
    ServerName forum.pmlp.com
    ServerAlias 10.1.1.208

<Directory /var/www/mybb>
          Options FollowSymlinks
          AllowOverride All
          Require all granted
    </Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>
It's unlikely to be anything to do with the vhost if you were able to install, you'll probably need to check error logs. Did the installer get to the end? What version of PHP are you running?
Installer finished without issues and is a brand new install ubuntu 22.04 and php 7.+

sorry
mbell@forum:~$ php --version
PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.9 (cli) (built: Oct 19 2022 14:58:09) (NTS)
Copyright © The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.1.2, Copyright © Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v8.1.2-1ubuntu2.9, Copyright ©, by Zend Technologies
I tried to switch to PHP version 8 or 8.1 as well. Result was a blanc page, no forum. Using PHP version 7.4 no issues . Is MyBB 1.8.33 PHP 8 compatible ? Looks like same issue as the TS has.
There shouldn't be many issues left with PHP 8, certainly not anything to cause a blank page, we have many users running PHP 8. You'll need to refer to the error log to see specifically what is causing it. Remember your plugins may need to be updated too.
Hi Matt,
Thank you for your quick response. I will look into it further, it is possible my hoster does not provide the correct plugins. Needs more investigation at my side now I know myBB should be working in PHP 8 .
it happened to me once, try removing the cookie from your browser
(2023-01-18, 08:16 PM)platbodemforum.nl Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to switch to PHP version 8 or 8.1 as well. Result was a blanc page, no forum. Using PHP version 7.4 no issues . Is MyBB 1.8.33 PHP 8 compatible ?  Looks like same issue as the TS has.

I actually had something similar happen not too long ago.

I had a site that ran perfectly fine on 7.4 but the moment I updated version to 8.0 or above I received blank white pages. I would downgrade again and everything was fine.

For curiosity sake I created a dummy folder to install a new copy on a subdomain where I put the version at 8.0 to start with. MyBB installer did pop up but when I got to the requirements check page the database was showing no supported extensions. Went back to the cPanel and down graded to 7.4, checked requirements page and I met all requirements.

Reported this to my host and they solved the issue, so I don't exactly know what happened but I do know it was NOT an issue with MyBB. Perhaps something similar is going on here.