MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: local host mybb fatal error db_mysqli.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ERROR:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required 'D:\XAMPP\htdocs\mybb/inc/db_mysqli.php' (include_path='D:\XAMPP\php\PEAR') in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php:1290 Stack trace: #0 D:\XAMPP\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php(182): database_info() #1 {main} thrown in D:\XAMPP\htdocs\mybb\install\index.php on line 1290

Attempting to install MyBB on localhost but running into this on the Database Configuration page during install. Not sure what to do? My config file is completely empty? Nothing is in it and I'm not sure whats going on. It no longer says config.default and is now config.

Any help is appreciated.
You seem to just be missing some files, is says failed opening required mybb/inc/db_mysqli.php so suggests the file doesn't exist or can't be read for some reason. It's expected that it is no longer called config.default.php and is empty, it hasn't been written to yet.
I went through and checked all files but everything was there.

This seems like it wasn't actually a problem with the files I had for MyBB but instead a problem with my XAMPP installation as shortly after this I was running into other problems outside of MyBB. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling XAMPP with a new install file. Now it works perfectly and had absolutely no problems getting MyBB installed.

Super weird.