MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users not getting activation mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, here I am again.

I have some members that didn't get a activation e-mail. Mainly hotmail users, but in another case also a normal provider adres (@scarlet.be). The hotmail members didn't receive the mail in the trash folder.

Is there something wrong somewhere in the script?

I do have had the Akismet (Spam Protection) plugin installed. But when it started banning members for just putting down a website (http://www.xs.to is a image dump website) I turned it off. Could this caused the problem?

And can you somhow configure the Akismet plugin how it reacts besides the 2 things you see in your admin CP?
You can extensively configure Akismet to how it reacts in the ACP -> General Settings -> Akismet
Ok, but could the receiving activation mail problem be linked to Akismet?
Not a chance. It's either ending up in their bulk or they're not seeing it, or it's a Server problem.
Darn it. My AdminCP doesn't work. Something wrong at my webhost.

I'll take another look at it when my adminCP works again. It's so weird that they don't receive the mail.
I know for a fact that my AOL email address has difficultly receiving email from any sort of forum script. It's worth checking what email host the people who are having issues are using.

EDIT
I before E, except after C Toungue
RazorBlades Wrote:Ok, but could the receiving activation mail problem be linked to Akismet?

No. The activation email is a common issue. I believe that the problem has to do with web email service providers.
Well, that is weird, cause these members didn't have any problems on my old forum .............
RazorBlades Wrote:Well, that is weird, cause these members didn't have any problems on my old forum .............

I registered in your forum and got the activation code immediately. I used a pop3 email account. There was no problem.

N.B. Registering in your site is too difficult because of this image verification thing which is totally unreadable.
maatty Wrote:I registered in your forum and got the activation code immediately. I used a pop3 email account. There was no problem.
Well, pop3 also isn't really the problem. It's more hotmail accounts that have the problem. But I think not all hotmail accounts. Thats the weird part of it.
maatty Wrote:N.B. Registering in your site is too difficult because of this image verification thing which is totally unreadable.
Hey, I didn't create it ToungueCool I think its ok though.

@MrDoom: Do you know if hotmail (live mail now or something) also has a problem with forum script e-mails?
Pages: 1 2