MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore Sub-Forums & Threads between two existing MyBB Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setup:
1x Windows MySQL Version 8.0 Server with two Databases.
2x Windows Web Servers (IIS) – one Server hosting Public Forums (DNS) and the other hosting only Private internally accessible Forums (LAN IP Address).
Both Forums are Version 1.8.33 and all templates etc. are default.

Objective:
I need to move 2 Subforums with Threads and Attachments from the Public Web Server to the Private Web Server.

I don’t mind restoring the entire Public Server content to the Private Server as it would probably be easier enough just to delete everything except the two Forums I need.

What I am unsure about is the result of doing this and concerned that it will wipe out existing Forums on the target (Private) Server.

Any suggestions from the gurus here will be much appreciated.
You won't be able to cherrypick select rows from these tables as the IDs of the forums, threads, posts, attachments, and everything else, may have already been used. You only real option here is to use the Merge System to merge the Public forum into the Private forum, and then delete everything else you don't need. Or, create a copy of the Public forum, delete everything you don't need from that copy so you're left with only what you do want, and then merge that copy into the Private forum.
How about you merge the forums and then mass delete the posts/threads or subforums directly you do not wish to hold in? Or use dev tools and a script to do that.
Aaaarg... I forgot about "Merge".
Definably is a plan - many thanx.