MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What error is this when uploading avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users are gettin this error, what error is this? From what I could understand the image is corrupt but why this error is shown?
It’s shown because the image is corrupt… if it’s happening with all images, you’ll probably need to raise it with your host.
(2023-01-21, 02:50 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It’s shown because the image is corrupt… if it’s happening with all images, you’ll probably need to raise it with your host.

I am using my own dedi. I don't think host is the problem. Not with all image but some images with higher resolution.
I’m not sure why using a dedicated server automatically means that that’s not where the issue is. The error is coming from a core PHP function so there’s not a lot we can do about it, it’s not something specific to MyBB. It could be the images aren’t being uploaded and written to disk properly.
(2023-01-22, 08:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure why using a dedicated server automatically means that that’s not where the issue is. The error is coming from a core PHP function so there’s not a lot we can do about it, it’s not something specific to MyBB. It could be the images aren’t being uploaded and written to disk properly.

Yup, you are correct, some file extensions were disabled / disallowed. Fixed now!

(2023-01-22, 08:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure why using a dedicated server automatically means that that’s not where the issue is. The error is coming from a core PHP function so there’s not a lot we can do about it, it’s not something specific to MyBB. It could be the images aren’t being uploaded and written to disk properly.

You are a very good guy and I saw you always try to help everyone around the forum, I feel like you are a very nice guy in real life too. If you have some little time then could you help me create something by modifying the online stats code in the index page please in this thread :- https://community.mybb.com/thread-237463.html (I feel like you will help me out, like god is giving me vibes that you will, idk I maybe crazy).