MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User being directed to private.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a user and here's his post

Quote:OK, let me be honest with you, PATIENCE isn't my 1st quality. I have a bug for over 3 days, 'have tried countless times to post and from many different paths but 'still stuck here with this ERROR message

I'm just trying to reply to *******'s PM but it never works.
Someone can help me before I throw my computer by my basement's window?
Act quickly please, I just open it

Big Grin

He gets redirected to the private.php page in the screen he puts up and gets a 403 access forbidden page.

If a mod needs a link to this post at my forum, pm me and I'll give it to you.

Regards
Hemi

btw, the screen he left me says he's using Safari if that makes any difference at all.
hemi,

I think I've still got the link to your forum - so that isn't needed.

Does he actually see any part of the private.php page? Like, is he able to compose a message and then when tries to submit the error is received?

If you have them, take a look at your server error logs for any references to private.php - paste them here.

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:hemi,

I think I've still got the link to your forum - so that isn't needed.

Does he actually see any part of the private.php page? Like, is he able to compose a message and then when tries to submit the error is received?

If you have them, take a look at your server error logs for any references to private.php - paste them here.

Chris

I'll just send you the screen shot thru your pm if I can Chris.

Where do I check the server error logs? I'll post them right up after your response.
It's dependant on your server.

If you're on a CPanel based server, generally you can access them through CPanel, similarly with Plesk, Hsphere, DirectAdmin and the others.

If you can't find them there, FTP in to your site and check your root directories for a "logs" folder - or any file called "error.log" or "error_log" or something similar.

Chris
Well, Cpanel is not giving me the last 300 errors, Only shows about 20 and there all favicon errors. maybe a bug with the new cpanel version however.

I have a folder in ftp called access-logs. It also says that folder was accessed 8/25/2007 or 25/8/2007 for you Chris Smile

I didn't access those logs however and there's a ms-dos file inside and that's all.
I also just PMed you my ftp info incase you want a look Chris
Hi,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately you're right - there is nothing in your error log regarding it.

Can you get the user to answer my question above?
Quote:Like, is he able to compose a message and then when tries to submit the error is received?

Or does the error just show up however they try to access it?
Thanks Chris,
I'm asking him right now at the forum. I know he stated in the above comment he's tried it from all different paths and still comes up the same.

I should ask him if he's using Norton Big Grin
I'd actually say it some sort of server problem because he seems your custom defined 403 page.

The question remains though, however, why only him and no one else.

Looking forward to your response.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I'd actually say it some sort of server problem because he seems your custom defined 403 page.

The question remains though, however, why only him and no one else.

Looking forward to your response.

From the user just now Chris
Quote:When I wrote I have tried many paths, I really mean it.
I have a PC (Outlook) and a Mac (Safari).
Both work perfectly well and that sice my registration in Jan '07.

I haven't tried to by-pass the system or access to a restricted area.

All I've done is:
-Read the PM sent by InDIgLO
-Hit the "reply" button
-Type the words (few sentences)
-Hit "send message" and got this error page

I never had this kinda message before. I just thought Augie was performing some updates/upgrades so I saved my reply and wait the next morning. Still bugged so I decided to send Augie an email at:
DELETED on September 1st, 11:05pm and a second one at 11:12pm.

Being left w/o official reply, I tried another time yesterday and another today with still the same message.

I thought maybe my post was too long so I decided to cut it 50/50. No success. I wrote only 1 sentence like: I'm trying to post you a reply but I falling in twilight zone! This time it seems to pass. Will I have to send my reply line by line? I have better to do (remember I have a computer waiting for a walk outside...)

All I wanted is ask InDIgLO is personal email to allow me to post some pictures of Kustom Front Head I've made for several drummers of my area ('Just don't wanna post 'em at CSM and start another thread). The day all post something here regarding the work I make, I'll place an ad (banner). Augie already let me know how it works so I'll follow the rules.

'Later
Pages: 1 2 3