MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limit users from posting email or telegram in post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed a plugin to limit users from posting links before x amount of posts but I want to limit users from sharing telegram or email in threads before x amount of threads. How to do that?
what do you mean ? you have 3 way
1 . find free plugin for that
2 . If you know about programming do it your self
3 . if you want I can create a plugin for you to do that (non-free)
It might be quite simple to do the same with email than with url.
For telegram, an example of telegram address must be given to see if it's possible or not.
(2023-01-24, 08:58 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]It might be quite simple to do the same with email than with url.
For telegram, an example of telegram address must be given to see if it's possible or not.

Can you give me an example..

(2023-01-24, 05:56 AM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean ? you have 3 way
1 . find free plugin for that
2 . If you know about programming do it your self
3 . if you want I can create a plugin for you to do that (non-free)

Do you have the files for plugin studio? I dont remeber where I kept my files for plugin studio or else I would have made for myself
(2023-01-25, 09:12 AM)expertful Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-24, 08:58 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]It might be quite simple to do the same with email than with url.

Can you give me an example..

I need an example of a telegram address (I don't use that so don't know how it looks like) to be able to do the plugin.
(2023-01-25, 09:57 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I need an example of a telegram address (I don't use that so don't know how it looks like) to be able to do the plugin.

Looks like the address format can differ.

Quote:Q: How does t.me work?
Once you've set a username, you can give people a t.me/username or a username.t.me link. Opening either of those links on their phone will automatically fire up their Telegram app and open a chat with you. You can share username links with friends, write them on business cards or put them up on your website.

This way people can contact you on Telegram without knowing your phone number.

If you don’t want to set up a public username and don’t mind sharing your number, you can also create a t.me link with your phone number in international format – for example, t.me/+123456789. This type of link can quickly open a chat with you from any app, however, it will only work if your privacy settings let others find you by your phone number.

- https://telegram.org/faq#q-how-does-t-me-work
Ok, so a telegram address has t.me in it, might be enough to detect them: ([^\ ]+\.)?t\.me(\/[^\ ]+)? will work, even if it will also matches with the simple string t.me : https://regex101.com/r/NKsmwT/1