MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: issues instaling myprofile and profile design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using latest version of fourm software jan 8 33. The two plugins arn't instaling correctly no matter what I do. Everything is in its right place. I get a error message after clicking activate button in the plugin list. Both plugins say  108.x for details on the download page, so why is the software  counting them as not compatable?
  • Guessing you mean MyBB 1833.  A screenshot might help on the errors.
  • Also guessing the errors are PHP or MySQL - can't tell without seeing details. 
  • A link to the plugins might tell volumes.  Errors are common with older, unmaintained plugins - where php and/or sql requirements have moved on since the plugin was written.
  • Understand besides MyBB, you have themes and plugins impacted by these factors.  You have PHP and SQL running too, but its all got to work together.  Which sometimes takes some doing. Wink
(2023-01-29, 11:21 AM)I can't provide a screen shot. I get the sequal error. I'm only using the themes the software gave me. copy / duplicates of the default theme using the modern editor for selection. I confirmed during download it was the latest version of the plugin. below is the links to each plugin page.  for profile design the author stays as something labs not the newest one when it appears in plugin list on my site.profile designmyprofile extention / download pagenixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Guessing you mean MyBB 1833.  A screenshot might help on the errors.
  • Also guessing the errors are PHP or MySQL - can't tell without seeing details. 
  • A link to the plugins might tell volumes.  Errors are common with older, unmaintained plugins - where php and/or sql requirements have moved on since the plugin was written.
  • Understand besides MyBB, you have themes and plugins impacted by these factors.  You have PHP and SQL running too, but its all got to work together.  Which sometimes takes some doing. ;)
Nothing useful for me in that quote.

Suspect the plugins are myprofile and profile design.  Neither updated since 2016.  At best...

Don't know what "copy / duplicates of the default theme using the modern editor for selection" means, so ignoring.

I wish you well.  Can't help.