MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Protect the login page from bots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried using captcha v3, but its not showing on the login page, I have enabled mods to approve new threads because there are a lot of bots advertising telegram groups etc...

any other solutions?
Bots and spammers are a known problem in the web.

An alternate solution is to get the IP adresses of the spammer and ban them in ACP.
With a couple of adresses you will certainly figure out some IP ranges, so you can ban IP ranges instead of single addresses.
This will reduce the spam for sure.

Some wekks later, check the banned IP logs in ACP again and see the latest visit from these banned IP adresses/ranges. If they never visited for a long time, then you can release the ban.

[ETS]
(2023-01-29, 05:07 PM)Alioxa Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried using captcha v3, but its not showing on the login page, I have enabled mods to approve new threads because there are a lot of bots advertising telegram groups etc...

any other solutions?

if you want you can add reCAPTCHA to your login page with this plugin ( my non-free )
(2023-01-29, 05:07 PM)Alioxa Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried using captcha v3, but its not showing on the login page, I have enabled mods to approve new threads because there are a lot of bots advertising telegram groups etc...

any other solutions?

Have you tried using the invisible captcha?  I was having several bots joining every day, but that completely stopped once I turned that on.