MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Won't send mail with SMTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I am using SMTP with zoho's zeptomain SMTP.
It seems to not be sending mail no matter what. at all.
I am using cloudflare and namecheap to host.
Is there anything that I am doing wrong?
Are you sure the details are correct? Are any SMTP errors being logged at ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Email Log? You might need to check the outgoing ports are enabled on the server.
(2023-02-01, 03:25 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the details are correct? Are any SMTP errors being logged at ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Email Log? You might need to check the outgoing ports are enabled on the server.

My error is this:
Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Then that is the issue. Your server cannot connect to the provided SMTP server. Either the SMTP server provided is incorrect, or you'll need to ask your host to look into it.
(2023-02-01, 03:31 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Then that is the issue. Your server cannot connect to the provided SMTP server. Either the SMTP server provided is incorrect, or you'll need to ask your host to look into it.

Host meaning email or site?
Whoever manages the web server the forum is hosted on.
(2023-02-01, 03:31 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Your server cannot connect to the provided SMTP server.
More precisely PHP is not able to resolve the DNS name of the SMTP server.