MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I add some questions for registration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I want to know how to add questions to validate users' identifications.

For example, I hope users can answer which country they are from, and I can see these answers before activating their accounts.
Yes, under configuration in ACP, click Custom Profile Fields (it's the third choice on the left). You can add a new profile field with any question you want. It defaults that it won't show up on registration, so be sure to click that to "yes". I make a mandatory field where they have to say why they're joining, so if it's nothing related to my site, I know it's spam.
(2023-02-03, 05:19 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, under configuration in ACP, click Custom Profile Fields (it's the third choice on the left). You can add a new profile field with any question you want. It defaults that it won't show up on registration, so be sure to click that to "yes".  I make a mandatory field where they have to say why they're joining, so if it's nothing related to my site, I know it's spam.
Thank you for the answers. It is so helpful to me. 
However, the question still cannot be displayed and the web interface pops up the prompt when I finish the steps you provided.

[attachment=45773]
I'm not sure what you mean by still cannot be displayed - do you mean the questions aren't showing on the registration form? It sounds like your theme has outdated templates. Does it work on the default theme?
(2023-02-07, 11:24 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean by still cannot be displayed - do you mean the questions aren't showing on the registration form? It sounds like your theme has outdated templates. Does it work on the default theme?

Yes, the questions aren't showing on the registration form. 
And My theme support using the default template
I'm not sure what you mean there - I'm asking if it works on the default MyBB theme, as it may be an issue with a custom theme you're using.
(2023-02-07, 08:37 AM)stellaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-03, 05:19 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, under configuration in ACP, click Custom Profile Fields (it's the third choice on the left). You can add a new profile field with any question you want. It defaults that it won't show up on registration, so be sure to click that to "yes".  I make a mandatory field where they have to say why they're joining, so if it's nothing related to my site, I know it's spam.
Thank you for the answers. It is so helpful to me. 
However, the question still cannot be displayed and the web interface pops up the prompt when I finish the steps you provided.

You'll probably need to provide a link to your site.