MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

it's not a real bug, so I posted it here. The "from" text box in ACP->Mass Mail has the default value "admin e-mail". The default value should be "board name" <admin e-mail> as it is mentioned in functions.php. Nevertheless functions.php adds "mailer" to the name. I think this is unnecessary and e.g. makes the confirmation email look dubious.
A second page to confirm to whom the mails are sent would be nice, too.
I've removed the "Mailer" part from the MyBB 1.4 trunk code (so expect it then)

1) I agree it does make it look dubious
2) It should have been a language variable too
sacharja Wrote:A second page to confirm to whom the mails are sent would be nice, too.

After a mass mail is sent, the list of users are already shown...
@Tikitiki
OK, thanks.

@DennisTT
Quote:After a mass mail is sent, the list of users are already shown...
Sure, but the mails are sent then. On another board I've to send around 500 mails sometimes. Because I sent new forum passwords just to the active users it's fatal if they're sent to the wrong ones. A confirmation is useful because the search filter settings are not always clear. E.g. if mails are sent to all users with a post count of one, are the ones included that have exactly one post or not? While using more search options and combinations it's almost impossible to predict who's going to receive them. Other BB system solved this problem by showing a page that is equal to the result page of the normal user search, showing the post count, date and email of every found user.
Your saying you want to be able to approve who its going to be sent to before you actually send it?
Yes, exactly.