MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is this - what can it do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I just came across this software ...... I was wondering why you don't have an open place on the site to post a quick question about MyBB but I suspect 
that you guys know more about forums and hosting and having an open question box than i do ...... its probaby a dumb thing to do.

I just built my first Google site .....it went OK and is about what I need but what I want to add is a forum .......

I tried a few times to use Google Groups as a forum and that was a disaster and it looks like crap.

Plus when you ask for help about it you talk to the void because Google isn't going to offer up any help at all since its all free.

I tried links from a google group directly to the site and it works in the Google Site just fine but not from your hosted URL.
So another dead end ......

So here we are:

A - does this software have to be hosted someplace?

B - can it run from inside a google site?

I'm gonna guess it's both no ...... so let me ask you guys - is there a forum software that will run in a google site?

Cheers'
Dave
A - Yes

B - No

You can't run anything from Google Sites which Google doesn't explicitly allow you to.