MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notifications are sent to old admin email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The notifications we receive, when a new user registers, are still being sent to the previous admin email.

We're using the "Registration Method" : Email verifications & administrator activation. The administrator activation requests are sent to the previously set email, not the new email.

Under Configuration > board settings > Site details, we changed admin email From [email protected] to [email protected]. But notifications are still being sent to the old [email protected] email address.

What other files can i check to make sure that the setting under site details is used for notifications?

I have no other email fields filled out, only Admin Email.
Check inc/settings.php is writable (may need to be CHMOD to 666), and check the correct value is in this file.
The file is set to 0666, the change made to email are present in there as well:

Line 12: $settings['adminemail'] = "[email protected]";

This corresponds to the 'new email' that i've set through the settings. the old email can not be found inside this file.

I also tried changing it to a different email, and while the changes are visible each time in the settings.php file, email is still being sent to the very first email that was set.
Looked through the code and the emails are sent to each admin individually, so it'll be going to the email address on your account. The admin email setting only seems to be used by the contact form, and for emails about errors and broken tasks.
I was hoping all administrators would receive notifications of users that would need activation. But only the "first" admin will receive these, ( i see no other differences in roles/users compared to the second admin account )

As a workaround i've changed my account details to the email that we want to receive the notifications on, and that solved it.

Does this automatically mean that there's not an option to have multiple administrators receive these notifications?
They will, it will go to each admin user. I'm not sure where it says anything about it only being the first admin.
If it was me, I'd be listing the members of the administrators group in the ACP.  Might be some surprises. Wink