MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded, archive mode is all I can now function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's saying inc/init.php is missing. How did you perform this upgrade? I'm not sure how files that were already there would have gone missing unless you deleted them.
(2023-02-17, 01:04 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's saying inc/init.php is missing. How did you perform this upgrade? I'm not sure how files that were already there would have gone missing unless you deleted them.

Bluntly...  I put the files in the wrong place.  when I cleaned them out I may have gotten one inadvertently in the last few hours when everything was crossing back and forth.  I was just getting to the point of going to look and put it back where it belongs from the trash.  

This is the firs time i have done any MY_BB upgrade and its been a learning curve.

(2023-02-17, 01:04 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's saying inc/init.php is missing. How did you perform this upgrade? I'm not sure how files that were already there would have gone missing unless you deleted them.

Nope.. its there.. Missing  /public_html/ in address..
It still sounds like your global.php is from the /archive folder because that looks up a directory.

Download MyBB again reupload the files over the top of the existing ones, so that the folder structure is the same. The file structure in the download will match the file structure on the server, you need to upload the same structure of files over the existing ones.
(2023-02-17, 01:33 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It still sounds like your global.php is from the /archive folder because that looks up a directory.

Download MyBB again reupload the files over the top of the existing ones, so that the folder structure is the same. The file structure in the download will match the file structure on the server, you need to upload the same structure of files over the existing ones

One more time... LOL

The one thing that threw me for a loop was where.  I have a back up but right now the data base is intact.  I want to get this right and get it moving again.  Everything in the uploads file needs to be populated exactly as it is in uploads. Minus the install file renamed and placed for easy access to run and remove.  

Going to give it one more shot.  

Thanks Matt
If not, PM me FTP/cPanel details and I can upload for you.
(2023-02-17, 01:42 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]If not, PM me FTP/cPanel details and I can upload for you.

Let me give it a shot. Any suggestions for an easy FTP for a windows based system?
FileZilla is usually the go-to option for WIndows.
This will not let me correct the address..

/home/patriota/public_html/admin/home/patriota/public_html/inc/init.php

its doubling up the addresses on me. IF I can get to the base files I can run the upgrade again.  

This isn't ending well....

[attachment=45791]

where do I go now Matt?    I followed the steps for upgrade.
That will only show if you've removed or overwritten your inc/config.php fie, which again I'm not sure how you've managed to do as it's not even included in the download package for this reason.

Based on the error you sent me by PM where it mentioned admin/global.php which doesn't even exist, what I think you've done is you've uploaded the entire package inside /admin so the index.php is wrong, but also somehow got the files from /archive in the root. It seems like there's a huge mismatch of files named the same but that are supposed to be in different directories.

At this point I would advise you stop trying to upload anything, send me FTP details and I can try and work out what's happened, clear the whole thing out, and try and suggest what to do differently next time.
Okay, so:

/archive/index.php was uploaded to /index.php
/archive/global.php was uploaded to /global.php

Your global.php (from /archive but uploaded to the root) contained this:

require_once dirname(dirname(__FILE__))."/public_html/init.php";

The correct code is:

require_once dirname(dirname(__FILE__))."/inc/init.php";

This must have been manually edited as it's not the core code, you'll never need to edit paths like this, it will already be looking in the correct place. The issue here was the file was uploaded to the wrong directory so the file structure it was expecting wasn't there.

You've also got other files for the plugin uploader plugin and index.lang.php in the web root.

I uploaded the entire package again, and the forum is now back with the correct board closed page.

I'm not really sure how it got into the state it did, I think you were uploading files that had the same name, but they were from different folders (i.e. index.php and global.php from /archive were uploaded to the root).
Pages: 1 2 3