MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I randomly get 412 error when typing sex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As weird as this sounds, and I can't seem to recreate it, but when I type certain words, like sex, I get the following error when creating a new thread:
[attachment=45792]
I use the back error and edit out the word, like changing it to s-x, and it will finally post.  I try to do a quick edit to change it back to sex, but it will ignore the edit, and if I try to do a full edit and change the s-x back to sex, I will get the error again.

It is frustratingly inconsistent though. I just tried to type a post with nothing but bad words, and it went through no problem.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  There is nothing in these posts that could be a security issue.

And where is the mod_security module?
It's not something I've seen before but will be something set up at hosting level. The quick edit will be failing as it's an AJAX call you can't see happening but it'll be being rejected too. It's a pretty weird thing to have set up, but will need to contact hosting about it.
OK, I guess I'll need to ask my host. Or just continue editing words until I can get past whatever this weird censor doesn't like. It's not even in my bad word filter.

ETA I found it in my host, and I'm able to disable the "adult" filter. I had no idea that such a thing even existed.