MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get private messages to send out email alerts to user mailbox successfully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to know how to get pm alerts to send out to user's mailbox by using smtp mail handeler. smtp.php file folder in host file manager. i noticed in the said folder a lot is marked as 'false'. The pms or thread alerts don't send out, and there's no record of them being sent in the send mail log, or user email log under tools during tests.

How can I get the alerts to function fully like on the support fourm here?
As I covered in your last thread, your SMTP details are not correct. You need to contact Sendinblue as I said before, and confirm with them that you are using the correct SMTP details.
I did already, and nothing is fixed. It's the fourm and not them 'cause everything is working for their end, but the alerts status are the same.

They don't reccomend hotmail, or gmail to be used, and I'm not paying a business email......
I don't really know what else to tell you then. It is not the forum, the email functionality is working fine, as I put in my own credentials and it worked, I even put a screenshot to prove I received it in the other thread. It only does not work when using the Sendinblue credentials.

There should be no issue sending from any address if you're using SMTP. Again, it worked fine using my SMTP details. If you want to use Gmail directly, you can: https://kinsta.com/blog/gmail-smtp-server/

You'll want to set up an app-specific password instead of using the account password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Or, use something like Mailgun: https://www.mailgun.com/pricing/ - 5000 free a month.
Also, to prove it's a credentials issue I just signed up for a Sendinblue account, and it works for me.

[attachment=45807]

The SMTP hostname is smtp-relay.sendinblue.com and the login is my email address, when I was in your admin panel I remember seeing your settings and the values were a lot longer and very different to mine. So as I've confirmed I can send emails from MyBB with my own Sendinblue account, I'm 100% sure your credentials are wrong. Reach out to their support and they will make sure you are using the right values.
alright update since smtp support takes a whole day to respond to me.

There's a connection error, so it is the file folder codes. Also the fact that the host only allows email verification stuff for php. Which might explain why only the send email to friend function is working, and contact us page.

All three ports are the same result. no incription, ssl, and tls, so it has been confirmed it's not send in blue's end, but the fourm. Something is missing in order to get the other alerts to actually work.
Quote:There's a connection error, so it is the file folder codes

A connection error doesn't suggest an issue with the code when it works for everyone else, works on your forum with other SMTP credentials, and works on my board with Sendinblue. The code is the same at all times.

Quote:Also the fact that the host only allows email verification stuff for php. Which might explain why only the send email to friend function is working, and contact us page.

I don't really understand what you mean, the host isn't going to allow one type of MyBB email to send and not another. I don't know how many times I need to explain that there is nothing you need to do enable to get certain emails to send.

This is getting a bit silly now, make my forum account an admin again, send me your Sendinblue account details, and I'll check and enter the right credentials for you.
Did you do anything in Sendinblue? I just got 2 emails for things that happened 2 weeks ago (thread reply and PM notification but my account doesn't even exist any more).