MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Advanced Sidebox] Plugin Edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've installed the Advanced Sidebox Plugin and it works fine.
However I'm also using another Plugin which add hidden content but now the issue is, that the Advanced Sidebox Plugin expose the text of the hidden content within the Random Quote Sidebox. I've tried to find the responsible code in the PHP Files and then add an regex to don't show the text inside [hide][/hide] but couldn't find the responsible PHP Code.

Would be great if anyone could help me out there.

Regards,
Infinimonster
if you need custom update for that plugin , I am at your service (non-free)
(2023-02-22, 03:38 PM)Infinimonster Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I've installed the Advanced Sidebox Plugin and it works fine.
However I'm also using another Plugin which add hidden content but now the issue is, that the Advanced Sidebox Plugin expose the text of the hidden content within the Random Quote Sidebox. I've tried to find the responsible code in the PHP Files and then add an regex to don't show the text inside [hide][/hide] but couldn't find the responsible PHP Code.

Regards,
Infinimonster

I don't think too many people still edit plugins.  There are a few, but I thought I should point out that there is a serious error in the hide tag plugin. I just found out the other day that if anyone looks at your RSS feed, all hide tags are ignored.  So now I make sure that anytime I use it, it's in a members only subforum, so the RSS can't get to it. You might want to just not use the random quote option in the sidebox.
(2023-02-22, 04:19 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]if you need custom update for that plugin , I am at your service (non-free)

Hello, I think you should read my Thread Description and not only the Title before replying to it. I simply said that i only need to know the file / line which i need to edit and then i can edit it mostlikly myself. It's not a complex edit so i won't spend $50 on it.

(2023-02-23, 05:20 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-22, 03:38 PM)Infinimonster Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I've installed the Advanced Sidebox Plugin and it works fine.

Regards,
Infinimonster

I don't think too many people still edit plugins.  There are a few, but I thought I should point out that there is a serious error in the hide tag plugin. I just found out the other day that if anyone looks at your RSS feed, all hide tags are ignored.  So now I make sure that anytime I use it, it's in a members only subforum, so the RSS can't get to it.  You might want to just not use the random quote option in the sidebox.

The Plugin i use called "lock" not "hide content" so i don't think this one got an bug.
Because this change you need requires PHP knowledge, I suggested it to you.
if you want only directory :
plugin main files are in inc/plugins directory
(2023-02-23, 05:20 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,
Infinimonster

I don't think too many people still edit plugins.  There are a few, but I thought I should point out that there is a serious error in the hide tag plugin. I just found out the other day that if anyone looks at your RSS feed, all hide tags are ignored.  So now I make sure that anytime I use it, it's in a members only subforum, so the RSS can't get to it.  You might want to just not use the random quote option in the sidebox.

I'm not really sure where to access the RSS Feed in order to disable it- I notied that it leaks the content on the pinrtpage plugin and so i removed the link below the thread forthe print page site and changed the url so it can't be accessed without knowing the exact url (/printpage-randomchars)

A simple solution is ofc to don't use the random quote sidebox as mentioned (this is how it is ringt now) however the list of categories with threads on the index page is longer than the list with the sideboxes, would be nice to have it the same size and so adding more sideboxes will do that.
Hello,

I hope someone can advise of how to fix this issue. I have installed the Advanced Sidebox plugin.

It works 95% but there is an issue with dragging and dropping sideboxes to left/right or trash. Everytime i move a sidebox to any location it gives me an error.  Confused

Please see the screenshot attached.