MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra files showing on forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was going to update the forum software as it was out of date a few releases. From the admin panel I started to back up. Then after a few minutes stopped because I thought I might not have enough room on my hard drive to back up to. I stopped the back up. Now I cannot log into the admin panel and I have these files displayed on the front above the forum front page. There are all different. I have no idea what they are or how to solve this issue. I'm very limited in my skills and understanding of these issues. Hope I can get some help.[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-02-24-14-36-48.png]
Updating MyBB to the latest version may resolve this issue.
If you have recently changed to PHP 8, then those warnings will appear and can be safely ignored since the code functions as expected. Updates will include fixes for those eventually.

If you cannot log in, consider deleting all browser cookies associated with your forum domain, then try again.

Once you are able to log in to AdminCP, go to Settings / Server and Optimization Options and set
Use Error Handling - On
Error Logging Medium - Log errors
Error Type Medium - Errors
Error Logging Location - ./error.log

Make sure to avoid the email options in Error Logging Medium. You will be flooded with emails.

If you are still unable to log in to AdminCP, then there are other steps that can be taken.
I did the upgrade successfully. But I still cannot log in as administrator. I have 2 factor verification but it just loops back to log in one the code is entered. Also get this message

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: ftp_close(): Argument #1 ($ftp) must be of type resource, null given in /var/www/virtual/deeppoliticsforum.com/htdocs/fora/inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php:1231 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/virtual/deeppoliticsforum.com/htdocs/fora/inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php(1231): ftp_close() #1 [internal function]: PluginUploader->__destruct() #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/virtual/deeppoliticsforum.com/htdocs/fora/inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php on line 1231

As I can not log in I cannot turn off plug ins.

(2023-02-24, 01:45 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]If you have recently changed to PHP 8, then those warnings will appear and can be safely ignored since the code functions as expected. Updates will include fixes for those eventually.

Yes, I had updated to PHP8 in the server.
If you don't find a free solution for PHP 8 compatibility, I can make plugins compatible with PHP 8 for fee.

if you like you can order through these ways :

Web, Windows, Android Programming (Payment with Paypal OR CryptoCurrency).
Create Custom Wordpress,Mybb,... Plugin/Theme
Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754
Replace /inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php with this:
[attachment=45815]
(2023-02-24, 03:59 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Replace /inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php with this:

Thank you Matt. I removed the old one and uploaded your new file.

Sadly I was still left with the clutter of files showing and I was still not able to log in to the admin panel.  But I did go back to version 7.8  PHP on the server and now everything is right. All the files gone and I can log into the admin panel now.

Oops spoke too soon.

I tried to update the plugins. But that didn't work. I needed a password. Which I don't have or don't remember. I saw some things on here about removing the password line in the PHP My Admin. Which I did. Hoping to create a new password. But then got a message when trying to log in that the My SQL user does not have access. So I deleted all the plug ins in the Filezilla and the MyBB FileUploader was still in the PHP My Admin when I checked so I deleted that. now I get this when I try to log in to the forum.
Now I cannot log in to the forum at all. [Image: Screenshot-from-2023-02-25-15-36-59.png]
I’m not really sure what you’ve done. The password you were asked for would have been for the plugin uploader, but this error is because the database password has been changed and you need to update it in inc/config.php, but I don’t know why you’ve changed the database password. I don’t know why you’ve deleted plugin files either.

You need to be a lot more careful when changing passwords and deleting things, you’ll need to re-upload all your plugins now, and again I’m not sure why you’ve changed your database password.
I did change the data base user name because I had forgotten it so I reset it. But not the data base itself unless they are the same? I deleted the plug ins because I had forgotten the password to the plugin uploader and I intended to reinstall.
But what did you need the database username or password for? The existing value would have been in inc/config.php (which is where you need to set the new value), but I’m not sure what you would have even needed it for. The password for the plugin uploader is totally separate to your database password. And again, deleting the plugin files serves no purpose at all. Why did you plan to reinstall them? Doing that has probably now caused even more errors, because all the template modifications will still be in place for plugins that don’t exist.

If you didn’t know the password for the plugin uploader, all you needed to do was delete the single row from the table that stores that password. You didn’t need to delete any plugins, and you didn’t need to change your database password.
Pages: 1 2