MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox under forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How I can do it? And how i can do bigger text on it? Help me pl0x XDD
Which shoutbox are you using? Lets start with that ...
For showing the shoutbox underneath the Forums;

Open your index template [ ACP - Templates - Modify/Delete - Choose Your Set - Index Page Templates - index ]

Find
{$forums}

Add below
<iframe src="shoutbox.php" width=100% height=250 frameborder="0" name="Shout" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" align="top" border="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

For the font size:
Edit your shoutbox_shout template ( Should be in "Global Templates" )
Change the template with this
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="left" title="{$title}"><span style="font-size:10px">{$shout['username']}{$shout['message']}{$options}</span></td>
</tr>
If you want to change the font again, just edit "10px"
Thanks U very much Smile
Thats very useful. I used it for a latest upload thing. Will this work across most browsers?
Is there a way of building this shoutbox into the main forum without it poping up in another window. As i was hoping to add this to the bottom of my forum?

Thanks.
Ever read my post ? There it says how to add it above your 'ForumList' ... just add it below ...
LeX- Wrote:Ever read my post ? There it says how to add it above your 'ForumList' ... just add it below ...

I did actually copy your post and it didn't seem to work?
Thats why i was asking not sure what i did wrong to be honest for it not work?

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$forums}
<iframe src="shoutbox.php" width=100% height=250 frameborder="0" name="Shout" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" align="top" border="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
what do I need to change, that new shouts would appear in top of shoutbox, but not underneath shoutbox Smile
Pages: 1 2