MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auth mismatch on new install of 1.8.33
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fresh install on Amzn Linux 2, Apache 2.4, PHP 8.1.14, root folder /MyBB/

Install went without issue.  When I try to log into the site, I get the "Authorization mismatch..." error.  I can log into the ACP and see the main page, however any link I click on takes me back to the login page.  When I try to login again, it seems to just refresh the page with no error displayed.

I've seen the "fix" for upgrading systems is to edit templates but this is a fresh install and not an upgrade.  Any suggestion where to start?

Thanks

Edit: This seems to happen on Chrome (my default). Firefox seems to work just fine. I tried deleting all site cookies and resetting permissions in Chrome with no luck. Also note site is for testing/demo and is not https. Incognito give me the same errors.
Been a long time since I brought Chrome to heel, but still test with it - because Chrome has caused us no end of problems over the years.  If there's an issue - see it in Chrome first.  In light of FF working fine - I'd check Chrome's Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Security to see if the Advanced section - Always use secure connections is turned off:

[attachment=45821]

Outside of that, the normal checks for bburl & cookie settings in /inc/settings.php, as well as securecookieflag, are correct.  Also the corresponding settings in ACP >> Configuration >> Site Details.  A hard browser refresh after changes never hurts either.

I refresh our test system - which is localhost, and HTTP - from our live board files and database every few days.  So I see this quite often.  Even though my Chrome has been corrected, I make data entry errors. Wink
Can we have the URL? If the site isn’t https it’s likely that the secure cookie setting is enabled.
I tinkered around with it a little more tonight and seemed to get things working properly.
The auto filled value for cookie domain was ".ec2-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com". I left it blank and the site began to work properly. I then tried without the preceding . and it still works. All other settings suggested were checked and looked to be correct. If we end up using this bb (or any other), we will be using a proper domain name and this probably won't be an issue.

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated!