MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing the registration agreement and welcome email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I need to edit the registration agreement and welcome email
Which and where are the files that I will need to edit to make changes?

Thanks
Lace
The easiest way to edit the registration agreement is to go into the ACP and Manage the Language Packs. Look for member.lang.php and edit. Scroll about half way down the page and then look for Agreement_1 to Agreement_5. You can change what you want and then update.

As far as welcome email? That has to be a plugin, so you would need to go into the ACP under Change and look for the one you need to edit.
i tried before, but i still can't .
gamequeen88 Wrote:i tried before, but i still can't .

Actually judel told you the easiest way. If you want the more difficult one, you will have to edit this file:

....\inc\languages\english\member.lang.php

But do not edit it using the notepad. It is better to use frontpage, dreamweaver, or any php editor.

Regards
chime, did you mean a welcome PM or a welcome email? I can't even find a mod that sends emails when new users join, except for the one that notifies admin of new members.
judel Wrote:chime, did you mean a welcome PM or a welcome email? I can't even find a mod that sends emails when new users join, except for the one that notifies admin of new members.
You can always modify the activation email to turn it into a welcome email. Please check this:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid132388

When I have enough time, I'll make this mod for you and for all others.

Regards
maatty Wrote:
gamequeen88 Wrote:i tried before, but i still can't .

Actually judel told you the easiest way. If you want the more difficult one, you will have to edit this file:

....\inc\languages\english\member.lang.php

But do not edit it using the notepad. It is better to use frontpage, dreamweaver, or any php editor.

Regards

Notepad2!
Kames Wrote:Notepad2!

Sometimes Notepad makes a mess out of php files. Trust me.

Regards
We're talking about Notepad2 here not MS Notepad, right? Smile
No he means that the NotePad that comes with Windows can add whitespace at the start of the file, therefore it is recommended not to use it.

Personally, I use NotePad++
Pages: 1 2