MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloud Media Storage Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting alot of media on my MyBB website. Is there a plugin or simple way to store media attachments on Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage?
MyBB isn't architectured in such a way to make that possible without a lot of core edits IIRC. How much space are we talking? Disk space is cheap and generally shouldn't be a concern.
Getting up to 3 GB and I want to transfer it to a new host. Don't want the tarball to be too big when I do.
3GB isn’t much, if you have SSH access on both hosts you can just copy directly between them with rsync or scp.
(2023-03-04, 12:44 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]3GB isn’t much, if you have SSH access on both hosts you can just copy directly between them with rsync or scp.

Please explain in general terms step by step.
Can never remember the command for rsync, but for scp you’d just do something like

scp -R public_html/* [email protected]:/home/path/to/files/public_html

Or you can flip it and do it on the new host and connect to the old one to pull from there instead.

You would need to add SSH keys for each server onto the other first. But I use this for copying between servers or downloading to my computer all the time.
Is there a size I should be worried about transferring via ssh?
No, it’s a direct connection between the servers, can transfer whatever you want. It’s designed to be used to copy large amounts like this.