MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on Database Configuration (on an AWS RDS mysql db)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is concerning installing a fresh copy of myBB 1.8 and driving me nuts - i'm trying to install myBB on top of an AWS RDS mysql DB (with an EC2 as a web server) and I'm stuck on the "database configuration" step.

I passed the Requirements Check and then in the Database Configuration" stage:

1. For Database Engine,  I selected MySQL (PDO).
2. For Database Server Hostname, I entered the "Endpoint" of my RDS mysql DB (something like XXXXX.us-east-2.rds.amazonaws.com).
3. For Database Username, I entered what I created as the "Master username" when I created the db instance.
4. For Database Password, I entered what I created as the " Master password" when I created the db instance.
5. For Database Name, I entered the "DB instance ID" of the db instance.
6. To avoid any permission issues, I have made the db instance as open as possible (meaning accepting all Inbound MySQL/Aurora traffic, TCP, Port 3306, Source 0.0.0.0/0)

And then when I click "Next", I'm getting the following error:

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'XXXXX.us-east-2.rds.amazonaws.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

I understand this type of questions might be hard to answer, but any pointers would be appreciated. thanks!
Can you connect to the database from your computer?
(2023-03-05, 06:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you connect to the database from your computer?

yes, connecting from MySQL workbench on my laptop works.