MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost Password recovery not working!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all,

it is great to be in the community and be amongst so many brilliant coders!

I have the problem that any user who forgot his/her password doesn't receive it on the e-mail on the page .../member.php?action=lostpw

The e-mail is via SMTP and with a google account
Registration is working fine without any kind of issues

I have read prior threads about this topic and it does not apply to my case and my wild guess is that the person who configured this for me did something wrong and that is why it isn't working
Can you please assist me on what to start troubleshooting

Jamie
Do you mean registration is sending the activation email without issues?

If no emails are being sent at all it would suggest incorrect SMTP details, if it's just the password reset emails then they may be getting flagged as spam.
(2023-03-12, 07:42 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean registration is sending the activation email without issues?

If no emails are being sent at all it would suggest incorrect SMTP details, if it's just the password reset emails then they may be getting flagged as spam.

Glad you spent some time to try and help me out,

I have no issues with registration emails and have got no feedback on testing that someone didn't receive the activation email!

On .../member.php?action=lostpw I have tried with my own gmail and nothing, it doesn't even land on spamĀ  Huh
so it would be from gmail to a gmail account and it doesn't work.

Searching on the template I've found:

forumdisplay_password_wrongpass
<tr>
<td class="trow1" align="center" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->wrong_forum_password}</strong></td>
</tr>

I really do not know if this is enough but it seems like it is not

Also when I submitted my member email it gives me no message whatsoever

What do you think I should do?
Blush
Have you confirmed yourself you can get other emails though? There's not really anything that would allow some but not others.

I'm not sure what the relevance of that template snippet is, that's for password protected forums.
Sorry for such late reply Matt but I was abroad at work.
What happens is that nobody can retrieve a new password if they lose the original one

It doesn't work on any of the platforms I testes
GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Proton, even an email on the forum domain.

Nothing works and people many times need to create a new account to say they X or Y and give us some registration details for us to give them back their account.
In my forum same. Lost Password not sending email
Can anyone give me pointers on where to look for the error
not having the lost password working is very bad for the forum

Now more than ever since we want to send emails to all the members and for sure many lost their original passwords.

Is this a usual thing to happen?