MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BUG: Typing "9" on Admin page types "--"???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never seen a bug like this. Huh

Suddenly, whenever I type the number "9" anywhere in the Admin Control Panel, two hyphens ("--") appear instead.

It doesn't happen on the site itself. Just the Admin ("admin/Index.php") page.
It doesn't happen when I use Linux on the same computer.
It doesn't happen when I use another computer.
It DOES still happen if I use a different browser.
It doesn't matter if I "paste" the digit or use the Windows "virtual keyboard" app.

It's bizarre & annoying. I was working on editing a theme last night when it started happening (the theme has no effect on the AdminCP.) for no apparent reason and I have no clue why it's happening or how to fix.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before??? Any idea how to fix?
This is certainly an unusual issue. It's possible that there is a conflict with a plugin or theme, or there could be some custom code that is causing this behavior.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Disable any plugins or themes that you have installed and see if the issue persists.
2. Check if there is any custom JavaScript or CSS code added to the page that might be causing the issue. You can try removing any custom code temporarily and see if that resolves the problem.
3. Try clearing the browser cache and cookies.
4. If the issue still persists, you may want to try reinstalling MyBB or restoring from a backup.
(2023-03-15, 10:39 PM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]4. If the issue still persists, you may want to try reinstalling MyBB or restoring from a backup.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html
(2023-03-15, 10:53 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-15, 10:39 PM)Flavius Popa Wrote: [ -> ]4. If the issue still persists, you may want to try reinstalling MyBB or restoring from a backup.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html

Oh... good point!  Sleepy
It's definitely not database related so yes please don't do that!

It would sound to me like it's either a browser extension or maybe a custom font with a dodgy glyph, but I don't know why the admin would have a different font, unless you have a custom ACP theme? It's not something MyBB can really influence, text on a page is just rendered by your browser, the PHP that's generated the page isn't in control of that.