MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Is Not Showing Search Results Need Help??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Search does not work when I enter what I am searching for then hit search it just takes me back to the search page it does not take me to the search results any idea how to fix this??

I tried with Myipb and the default theme and search does not work with either theme.
There could be several reasons why the search function is not working properly in MyBB. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, the issue may be related to your browser's cache. Clearing the cache and trying again may resolve the problem.
2. Disable plugins: If you have installed any plugins on your MyBB forum, try disabling them one by one to see if they are causing the issue.
3. Check search settings: Check the search settings in the MyBB admin panel to ensure that they are configured correctly. You may need to adjust the search settings to allow for more specific search queries.
4. Rebuild search index: In the MyBB admin panel, go to Tools & Maintenance > Rebuild Search Index and click the "Rebuild Now" button. This will rebuild the search index for your forum, which may fix the issue.
5. Check server logs: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be helpful to check your server logs to see if there are any errors that could be causing the search function to fail.
None of those tips worked thanks any way
Had a similar issue when we changed servers on our hosting.  Don't recall it going back to the search page, but search didn't find anything either.  So maybe it effectively did.  After a lot of investigation, turned off gzip compression in the ACP.  Seems our new httpd was already using gzip compression, and turning it on in MyBB caused conflicts.

Long shot I know, but easy to test.
(2023-03-16, 08:40 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Had a similar issue when we changed servers on our hosting.  Don't recall it going back to the search page, but search didn't find anything either.  So maybe it effectively did.  After a lot of investigation, turned off gzip compression in the ACP.  Seems our new httpd was already using gzip compression, and turning it on in MyBB caused conflicts.

Long shot I know, but easy to test.

Gzip is already disabled in admin panel that did not work thanks any way
PM your URL and I can have a look.