MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members awaiting activation are able to flag/report posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, members who are still awaiting activation are able to flag/report content. I can't find the option to disable this. Where should I look? Lately, I've been experiencing spammy/bot-like reports from this group of accounts.

Also, apart from introducing a conditional in my template to hide the "add buddy" button, has anyone found a solution for disabling access to this feature to members awaiting activation? I've inquired about this before. It's a nuisance -- my forum has 70,000 members (averaging around 400 or so online at any given point in time) and this happens surprisingly often.
In AdminCP / Users and Groups / Group menu, select Awaiting Activation group then Users and Permissions / Warning System, disable Can Send Warnings to other users.

Same page up near the top, you can consider disabling access to UserCP until activation. Default values will apply until then.

If UserCP is enabled and a buddy is selected, you can consider disabling the message system until activated.

On my board, new members can look, but have to wait for activation by admin to gain more privileges. Instituted after a stalker got in with nefarious purposes in mind.
Much appreciated HLFadmin!
Sorry, I didn't look closely enough.
Core feature is anybody except guest can report, if the usergroup Can Be Reported.
You have two choices: a plugin that would do a No Permissions based on usergroup = 5, (I don't see one with that specific feature in Extend) or
like you said, a conditional template change that would make the button invisible if no permission.

Warning system is a different matter which has two permissions: Can Send and Can Receive.
(2023-03-17, 11:06 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]You have two choices: a plugin that would do a No Permissions based on usergroup = 5, (I don't see one with that specific feature in Extend)

I wrote one for Psience Quest years ago (it was probably the very first MyBB plugin I ever wrote) when we were plagued by a troll, but never bothered to publish it anywhere. It's very, very simple. I've attached it here. It might help mrdeltoid.
Much appreciate Laird! I'm going to check this out.