MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb custom variable language doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's say I have a variable

{$lang->custom_registernow} - Register Now 

It won't show 

I'm not sure what I did wrong

I would also appreciate if you could show me step by step on how to create the custom language files inside ftp... in case I did something wrong
Did you add it to the language file? It won’t exist unless you define it.
(2023-03-18, 07:46 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you add it to the language file? It won’t exist unless you define it.

It's inside languages/english/custom.lang.php

<?php
/**
* MyBB 1.8 English Language Pack
* Copyright 2014 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
*/

$l['custom_registernow'] = " Register Now  ";
I'm assuming the custom.lang.php file isn't called forth in any pages. You need something that manages the language file (calls for it); like a plugin.

Alternatively you can add that line to global.lang.php instead of a custom file you haven't initiated globally (or in whatever area you need it).
(2023-03-19, 12:41 AM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming the custom.lang.php file isn't called forth in any pages. You need something that manages the language file (calls for it); like a plugin.

Alternatively you can add that line to global.lang.php instead of a custom file you haven't initiated globally (or in whatever area you need it).

Fixet!! Tysm
You're welcome!