MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tried to Upgrade frm 1.8.31 > 1.8.32 (Uploaded ALL 1.8.32 accident - FIX SQL Error)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to myBB & when I was trying to upgrade myBB version, I accidentally UPLOADED ALL files instead of ONLY "Changes", now I am getting Error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue. 

I then had to wait for 1.8.33 version to just uploaded "changes" folder , all seemed fine UNTIL
 I tried to add more Categories (Categories & Forums) then got the ERROR above....

I messed up by uploading while new version instead of changed files, i uploaded everything except for themes, plugins & config.php folder, but since then caused errors, once 1.8.33 was released I then just uploaded changes and did regular 'UPGRADE', i hadn't noticed an Error until trying to Add more Categories -> Forums

Is there a way to SAVE ALL in a backup and do a reinstall from scratch so I don't loose any data? [or another way to have the same outcome with keeping ALL DATA on Board, but use the Latest myBB version to come back from this?]??

ALL HELP TO FIX MY ORIGINAL MESS UP, I'VE DONE SOME SEARCHES TO FIND SOLUTION, BUT CAN'T FIND ON GOOGLE OR myBB.com = ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I'm new to myBB
Uploading the full package is always fine and won't cause any issues. You can do that for every upgrade, the changed files package is just smaller and shows specifically what has changed is all. You didn't need to wait until 1.8.33 to upload just the changed files.

When it comes to the changed files package, the only limitation is that it can only upgrade from the previous version. I.e. the 1.8.32 changed files package can only be used if upgrading from 1.8.31, and the 1.8.33 changed files package can only be used if upgrading from 1.8.32, because it only has files changed since the previous version. But you can aways use the full package at any time.

You also don't need to re-install anything, please read this: https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html

Go to ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Error Type Medium > set this to Warnings and Errors and it should show what the actual issue is when adding forums.