MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Related Topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi: I'm looking for something like Amazon's recommendation system - when a user is reading a post or thread, I'd like to have a section at the bottom (or side) of the page that shows a few "related posts" or "posts you might be interested in".

If a plugin already exists, any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Does the core setting in the ACP at Settings » Show Thread Options » Show 'Similar Threads' Table work well enough for you?
yes it does, thanks! but after turning it on, i'm not really seeing any "similar threads" showing up on any existing thread. is it because that there're too few threads, or anything I'm missing? Thanks.
(2023-03-28, 07:27 PM)baoziba Wrote: [ -> ]yes it does, thanks! but after turning it on, i'm not really seeing any "similar threads" showing up on any existing thread. is it because that there're too few threads, or anything I'm missing? Thanks.

Hard to say, without knowing your board. 

Also note the Similar Threads Relevancy Rating just below Show 'Similar Threads' Table toggle.  Might want to adjust that.
thanks. I think I figured: it should be only with new threads that "similar threads" would show up.