MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] How to change the border or background color of text input fields?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to change the border or background color of text input fields on a dark theme such as iGame?  Some of the inputs for thread subject and such are dark and hard to see where the cursor should be to stat typing.  I'm going to poke around CSS but it would be helpful if I knew what I was looking for, LOL!

Nevermind...I figured it out by trial and error!   Smile
Use browser tools to locate the element and associated css styling.
In this example, using Firefox, the element is textarea, where background is #FFF (white) and text is #333 (medium gray), the border is white.
You can change values on the fly until you like what you see, then make a note of the location of the css and its styling name.
Then edit the style permanently.
Refresh the browser cache, and you should see the results.

[attachment=45891]

This is the method I use. Included here for other readers of this thread.
(2023-03-29, 03:55 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Use browser tools to locate the element and associated css styling.
In this example, using Firefox, the element is textarea, where background is #FFF (white) and text is #333 (medium gray), the border is white.
You can change values on the fly until you like what you see, then make a note of the location of the css and its styling name.
Then edit the style permanently.
Refresh the browser cache, and you should see the results.

This is the method I use. Included here for other readers of this thread.

Thanks!  Good refresher!  I do try to use web tools but I have a heck of a time...it always seems to lock up on me and I can't see other elements.  I guess I just need practice!