MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a moderator column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to find a way to add a moderator column, like those on vbulletin. I've used the search button, but I didn't find anything too helpful.
I was looking in the index template,but there's nothing there. Any ideas?
ACP - Board Settings - Change - Forum Home Options - Forums Moderator Listing [
Here you can turn on or off the listing of moderators for each forum on index.php and forumdisplay.php ]
No,no,no, you don't understand.
I meant something like:

Forum Thread Last Post Moderated By

Just like a vbulletin board. What you said I should do is the "Moderated by" under forum description.
If you don't know what I'm talking about: http://forum.worldofplayers.de
Offtopic, I Hate vBulletin =P
Ontopic, well you can install the MyBulletin Theme and see how its done there, and copy some code from forumbit_depth1_cat and forumbit_depth2_forum.
Faby Wrote:No,no,no, you don't understand.

I don't see the point of having a whole column dedicated to the moderator. However, if you like that way you can, as LeX- has pointed out, modify the forumbit_depth1_cat.

In your Admin CP, expand the Forum Bit Templates -> forumbit_depth1_cat, and look for:
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></td>

Below it, add:
<td class="tcat" width="100" align="center"><strong>Moderator</strong></td>

Then expand the forumbit_depth2_forum, look for the {$modlist} and remove it, then at the end of the template look for:

<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>
Below it, add:
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$modlist}</td>

If you wish to remove the "Moderated by" phrase, you will have to:

Go to your Admin CP -> Language Packs -> Edit Language Variables -> Go -> global.lang.php -> Edit -> forumbit_moderated_by (then remove the "Moderated By:" phrase.

Regards
Moved to Templates, Theme Sets and Graphics.
Hey. Thanks for replying Wink
I have 2 issues,though.

1. Above the moderator cat, you don't see the background image, thead.
2. I did what you said, but the moderators don't show up.
Faby Wrote:Hey. Thanks for replying Wink
I have 2 issues,though.

1. Above the moderator cat, you don't see the background image, thead.
2. I did what you said, but the moderators don't show up.

Open forumbit_depth1_cat

Find & Change inline
colspan="5" ==> colspan="6"

2. You need to set ACP - Board Settings - Change - Forum Home Options - Forums' Moderator Listing to ON
*sigh*
It's on. I don't really mess with stuff like that. I do remember doing one thing though: removing moderated by: x underneath forum description. could it have to do with it?

edit: ok, i figured it out. it overstreches the forum and I don't like that. thanks for all your help Big Grin
Faby Wrote:*sigh*
It's on. I don't really mess with stuff like that. I do remember doing one thing though: removing moderated by: x underneath forum description. could it have to do with it?

edit: ok, i figured it out. it overstreches the forum and I don't like that. thanks for all your help Big Grin

Can i have a link to your forum? Would like to see the result ^^
Pages: 1 2