MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone have problems installing on IIS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to play around with the installation and configuration of RC3 but was unable to complete the installation process.

I load up /install/index.php but and get as far as creating the database tables, but then when I click on 'Next Step' to populate the tables I get nothing - just a blank page is returned. I've tried in both Firefox 0.9.2 and IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 and I still get nothing.

I don't know if it's a problem with my configuration of PHP or IIS (It shouldn't be as I have no problems running other scripts) or what, but I was just curious to see if anyone else encountered anything like this.

It is on a local machine, if that helps. When I view the source of the blank page (which I assume is the step for populating the tables) I get this:

In IE Wrote:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

And this:

In Firefox Wrote:<html><body></body></html>
What did you use to set up your PHP, MySQL, and Apache?

Did you use a quick and easy installer, or did you install PHP, MySQL, and Apache manually?

I haven't tried running MyBB on Localhost yet, but I will tomorrow. And I'll post an update here when I do.
I have installed using both methods.

I used the PHP and MySQL installers but also used the manual method for different versions of said software.

I'm not using Apache, I'm using IIS 6.0.