MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why does the user permission not take effect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I added a Q&A section to my forum, I hope in this section, all the visitors can read the threads, regietered users can post replies, but cannot post threads.
All the forums in this category are cnfigured from the dashboard. See the screenshot below:
[attachment=45908]
I set it only administrator is allowed to post threads. But I found that all the registered users are able to post threads here.
Forum link: https://www.matrix-digi.com/forums/forum....php?fid=6

The expected results: Users cannot post threads in all the forums and sub-forums under the category "Quations and Answers".

Any help is appreciated.
You have 6 forum IDs containing Q&A. Your screenshot is permissions for fid=13, which contains subforums 15 and 16. I'm not certain subforums inherit the permissions from the category. Check that permissions have been set for all 6 as desired.
Hi HLFadmin, thanks for your kind reply.

I checked the permission settings of the Main category (fid=6), the 2 sub-categories (fid=13 and 14),and the 4 forums (fid=15, 16, 17 and 18), all of them seemed that set correctly. Please see the attached screenshots.

[attachment=45910]
[attachment=45911]
[attachment=45912]
[attachment=45913]
[attachment=45914]
[attachment=45915]
[attachment=45916]
[attachment=45917]

Any other possibilities?
Thank you again.
click "edit permissions" and check what is allowed for each group
I have checked and now i am a registered member of your website, and i can't myself creat any threads there .

I can say your forum permissions work properly...
(2023-04-13, 06:00 PM)Pradip Wrote: [ -> ]I have checked and now i am a registered member of your website, and i can't myself creat any threads there .

I can say your forum permissions work properly...
Hi Thanks for testing it.

I thought the permissions are working corectly until i found some new threads posted there.
OK, I'll check it further. Thank you all the same!
From time to time, some members can post their thread to the forum which I have set to read only and reply only.
It's so weird!
(2023-04-13, 04:38 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]click "edit permissions" and check what is allowed for each group
please check "Set Custom Permissions", each tab!