MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White Screen Activating Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to check out this forum software. I found a plugin that looks like something I'm after, but I cannot get it to activate: Enhanced Profile Switcher.

When I try to activate it, I get a white screen.

I turned on the error reporting and get:

[b]Warning[/b] [2] Undefined array key "accountswitcher" - Line: 53 - File: inc/plugins/accountswitcher.php PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.11 (Linux)

The website in question is: https://legendsofnorova.net/mybb...

I am thinking it might be related to using PHP 8.1.2-1, but I am not sure what to do if it is. Any help or advice? Thanks in advance!

So this is definetly a PHP related issue.

If I downgrade to something prior to php 8, it activates and the forum works fine. You might be forgiven to think that this is a fix then. But, there is a little issue with this... my main site that I am wanting to attach the forum to runs drupal 9, which requires greater than php 8.1.0.

Interestingly enough once I activated the plugin I was able to play around with it some, using php 8.1.2. However I decided to "change user" and got the lovely white screen again. Going back to php 7.4.33 brings the forum back but going back to php 8.1.2 or anything phpo 8.0 or greater, brings the white screen back.

Is there anything that can be done, or do I need to concede that I cannot use mybb and go with something else? I have to keep my main site intact, so downgrading php is just not a viable option for me...

OK, so I got a little work around. I do not think this is the most ideal method, but hey it works, and it allows me to test this thing out and possibly use it.

I set up a subdomain. I was able to set the subdomain to use a different php version than the main domain. With this I can run the outdated php 7.4.33, which mybb works just fine with, while keeping my main site at php 8.1.2.

I suppose this will work until there's a better alternative. Ideally, I'd want to use the more up-to-date version. But, eh, if it works....