MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restricting new Members to post on a certain Sub-forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I restrict new members (for example say who have less than 20 posts) in a specific sub-forum?

I know how to manipulate permissions. But don't how to create this specific group !! All I am seeing is that I can search and find these new members. Then manually I have to do the task of moving from one group to another. Is there a way to automatically send these new members to the specific group?
if you not found free solution for your request , I can create custom plugin (Non-free) for you with features you want.
(2023-04-19, 05:06 AM)likewise Wrote: [ -> ]How can I restrict new members (for example say who have less than 20 posts) in a specific sub-forum?

I know how to manipulate permissions. But don't how to create this specific group !! All I am seeing is that I can search and find these new members. Then manually I have to do the task of moving from one group to another. Is there a way to automatically send these new members to the specific group?

Admin-user and permissions-usergroups-create new usergroup then edit the subforum permissions for that group.
To auto-move users to a group with more permissions set up a group promotion.
(2023-04-19, 12:11 PM)santikun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-19, 05:06 AM)likewise Wrote: [ -> ]How can I restrict new members (for example say who have less than 20 posts) in a specific sub-forum?

Admin-user and permissions-usergroups-create new usergroup then edit the subforum permissions for that group.

(2023-04-19, 06:46 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]To auto-move users to a group with more permissions set up a group promotion.

I created a new group. Putting the settings to 19 posts to test. So, when a member reaches 20 posts hee/she will be promoted. Then I registered a new member and started posting. But when I reached 20 posts. It did nothing. Any clue guys?
A task has to run to do it. It can take up to 15 minutes.
(2023-04-21, 04:45 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]A task has to run to do it. It can take up to 15 minutes.

Like a cron job, right?
Can you tell me how to do it?
(2023-04-21, 09:28 AM)likewise Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-04-21, 04:45 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]A task has to run to do it. It can take up to 15 minutes.

Like a cron job, right?
Can you tell me how to do it?

If you've setup a promotion, check your Scheduled Tasks.  Should see one called Promotion System.   I think it's auto-enabled when you setup a promotion, but you can run it manually under Options.  For testing purposes for example.

Never had to change anything else.

If the desired effect is not achieved, I'd be looking for problems in your group setup or perhaps the promotion.  Been running one for years without issue.
(2023-04-21, 12:21 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]If you've setup a promotion, check your Scheduled Tasks.  Should see one called Promotion System.   I think it's auto-enabled when you setup a promotion, but you can run it manually under Options.  For testing purposes for example.

Never had to change anything else.

If the desired effect is not achieved, I'd be looking for problems in your group setup or perhaps the promotion.  Been running one for years without issue.

Additionally please be sure that your footer template has this at the end:
{$task_image}
Ok all done. But I am checking the task logs the promotion system I have setup to run every 5 mins. But it is not running every after 5 mins. Some times it is happening after 5 mins but some times it is taking upto 20 mins. Other than that everything is working to be fine.
Pages: 1 2